Stamping of Stainless Steel Clamps for the
Arcade Metal Stamping was contacted by a cable and antenna manufacturer to fabricate stainless steel clamps which would be used in a telecommunications application. Our advanced progressive die stamping capabilities enabled Arcade to manufacture these precision components to exact specifications.
The clamps were engineered to meet the standards required by the customer-supplied 3D CAD drawing. As shown in the image, the clamp on the left was composed of 0.035" thick, ¼ hard 300 series stainless steel and the clamp on the right was composed of 0.120" thick 304 annealed stainless steel.
In-house tooling capabilities proved invaluable in designing and building the dies for this project. Formed utilizing our precision 200 and 150 ton progressive die stamping presses; the clamps had final weights of 0.434 lbs and 2.170 lb each. Additional machining was required to enable a clamp to accept a threaded screw. Threads were completed on a three headed tapping machine.
Various quality measures were implemented on this project: in-process dimensional and visual inspections; inspection of holes with go/no go pins; inspection of threads; verification of the fit of clamp to cable; and ensuring the depth of stamps.
The clamps were packaged into specialized boxes producing a two-piece kit, with instructions, that was ready for resale. To learn more about this progressive die stamping project, please refer to the table below or contact us today.
Highlights of this Progressive Die Stamping of Stainless Steel Clamps Project
- Product Description
- Stainless Steel Clamps used in the telecommunication industry.
- Progressive Die Stamping Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Process Design
- Tooling - Design and Built In-House
Kitting - Light Assembly
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 200 and 150 Ton Stamping Press. Three Headed Tapping Machine
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Weight: 2.170 lbs. each and 0.434 lbs. each
- Material Used
- 304 Annealed Stainless Steel; Thickness: 0.120"
300 Series Stainless Steel; Thickness: 0.035"; ¼ Hard
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection
Check holes with go/no go pins; check taps; check fit of clamp to cable; check depth of stamps.
- Industry for Use
- 75,000 - 100,000 Annually
150,000 - 200,000 Annually
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 3D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Stainless Steel Clamps