Progressive Die Stamping of a Steel Back Plate for the Consumer Products Industry
Arcade Metal Stamping specializes in manufacturing precision metal stamping components for a wide range of applications across a variety of industries.
A long-time client recently came to us for the reengineering of a steel back plate that is used in a tankless water heater application. By redesigning this component considerable cost was saved by eliminating welding and stamping processes.
The back plates were stamped from 0.048" thick galvannealed steel on precision 200 and 45 ton stamping presses. Existing tooling was redesigned to form a back plate with new toggle locks which eliminated a welding process. Redesigning hole configurations also eliminated additional stampings. We currently manufacture over 60,000 of these 0.930 lb. components annually.
Our quality program utilizes in process dimensional and visual inspections, verification of holes with go/no go pins, and confirmation of toggle lock pull out force.
To learn more about this progressive die stamping of a steel back plate project, please contact us or see the table below.
Highlights of this Progressive Die Stamping of a Steel Back Plate Project
- Product Description
- Back Plate used in the Consumer Products industry.
- Progressive Die Stamping Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Tooling - Redesign and Built In-House
Light Assembly of PEM Nut - 45 Ton Press
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 200 and 45 Ton Stamping Presses.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Weight: 0.930 lbs. each
- Material Used
- Galvannealed Steel
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection
Check holes with go/no go pins; check toggle lock pull out force.
- Industry for Use
- Consumer Products
- 60,000 Annually
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 3D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Steel Back Plate with corner Toggle Locks