Progressive Die Stamping for an Galvanized Steel Electrical
A manufacturer of electrical components required fabrication of a galvanized steel box that would be cost competitive against lower quality boxes from overseas. At Arcade Metal Stamping we specialize in precision metal stampings that meet the high quality standards of the electrical and construction industries.
The UL approved electrical box was engineered with new latch lock corners that eliminated all welding. New tooling was designed and built in-house specifically for this detailed project. Progressive die stamping utilizing a 200 ton stamping press formed galvanized steel into the 4" x 4" box. Each box had a weight of 1.39 lb and had a thickness ranging from 0.063" - 0.070". An automatic screw driver was incorporated into the progressive die which eliminated having to drive screws into the box.
Our quality program utilized various inspection measures; this project received in-process dimensional and visual inspections as well as a functionality test to ensure the knockouts were formed properly. The 8-32 ground holes were verified with 8-32 screws.
This successful electrical box project met all customer and UL standards. This client receives 500,000 to 750,000 high quality American made boxes annually. To learn more about this project, please see the table below or contact us for additional information.
Highlights of this Progressive Die Stamping of a Galvanized Steel Box Project
- Product Description
- This UL approved galvanized electrical box is used in the construction industry.
- Progressive Die Stamping Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Process Designing
- Tooling - Designed and Built In-House
Packaged in Customer Supplied Boxes with Labels
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 200 Ton Stamping Press
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 4.0"
Part Weight: 1.39 lbs. each
- Material Used
- Galvanized Steel
- Thickness: 0.063" - 0.070"
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection, Functionality Test Check Knockouts - must come out. Check 8-32 ground holes with 8-32 screw.
- Industry for Use
- 500,000 - 750,000 Annually
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 3D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Electrical Box