Progressive & Compound Die Stamping of Galvannealed Steel for the Waste Collection Industry
Aware of Arcade's expertise in progressive and compound tooling, a client in the waste collection industry contacted us to re-tool parts of their solar powered rubbish compacting bins. Re-tooling these large sheet metal parts resulted in a considerable cost savings over previously manufactured parts.
The 18 parts were engineered and fabricated utilizing our progressive die and compound die stamping capabilities. Constructed from galvanealed steel, the parts were produced in a number of shapes and sizes ranging from 0.075" by 3.00" wide, with plastic coating, to 25" by 27" wide. Parts had thicknesses of 0.035", 0.048", 0.060", 0.075", and 0.105" and weights ranging from .500 to 15 lbs. They were formed with a combination of progressive and compound die stamping on precision 45 ton, 150 ton and 200 ton presses. Additional secondary services included zinc plating, painting, plastic dip coating, tapping, and light assembly.
In-process dimensional and visual inspections ensured specifications were met. Machined holes, tapped holes, heights, and widths were verified for accuracy.
Additional details on this hard tooling and stamping project can be found in the table below. To learn more, please feel free to contact us.
Highlights of this Progressive and Compound Die Stamping of Large Sheet Metal Parts Project
- Product Description
- Large stamped metal parts used in the Waste Collection Products industry.
- Progressive & Compound Die Stamping Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Tooling - Design and Built In-House
Compound Die Stamping
Plastic Dip Coating
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 45 Ton, 150 Ton and 200 Ton Presses.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Estimated Part Weight : .500 lbs./each to 15 lbs./each
- Material Used
- Galvannealed Steel
Thickness: 0.035" , 0.048", 0.060", 0.075", 0.105"
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection
Check holes with go/no go pins; check heights and widths; check tapped holes with screws.
- Industry for Use
- Waste Collection
- 2,500 - 5,000 Annually
- Delivery Location
- Northeast and Southeast.
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Large Sheet Metal Parts (Galvannealed Steel)